Thursday, October 18, 2012

Unscented Shampoo and Conditioner Recipes

Been meaning to post this for a while now... I now spend LESS THAN $10 PER YEAR on my hair care products!!! One of the blessings that has arisen out of my Environmental Illness is that it forced me to seek out alternatives, and as my income diminished it forced me to seek out ever more frugal options. This is one of my more spectacular finds!!

My hair has never felt better, shiny, bouncy and healthy! I was spending a fortune [that I couldn’t afford] on expensive organic unscented shampoos and conditioners that did nothing at all for my hair. It was lifeless and limp, and often my scalp was itchy and flaky.

I found the following recipes on during a web search and haven’t looked back since!! All you need is two spray bottles or two empty [cleaned] shampoo/conditioner bottles.

Shampoo
1 TBSP Baking Soda
1 Cup Warm Water
Mix well to dissolve.

Conditioner

1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Cup Water
Mix well.

Directions:
1. Wet hair and apply liberal amount of Shampoo. Add a little more water and scrunch hair well, working the mixture down to the scalp. There is no lather.
2. Rinse hair
3. Apply a liberal amount of Conditioner. Again, add a little more water and scrunch mixture through the hair working down to the roots.
4. Rinse hair well. [The smell of vinegar will not linger.]
5. Dry and style hair as usual.

Please note: It can take your hair a few weeks to adjust to this new method of cleaning. Its important to allow it time to adjust to its own natural oils. I noticed results straight away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment